My dearest Honey Buns,
11:15 am. I hope you’re rolling your eyes at my salutation. You just left a bit ago. The boys are oblivious to your absence. Much like any Monday, I suppose. I, on the other hand, am missing you already. Fortunately there’s not much time for that today. To be continued….
8:29 pm. Well we were just able to chat for a few minutes, but I’ll give you a rundown of the day anyway.
- We went to your grandparent’s, but did not swim. This made our visit shorter than perhaps it might have been otherwise. Obvs.
- Grandpa seemed to like his gift, but the bigger success was the card. Good work.
- Grandpa looked good to me. Which was encouraging since I haven’t seen him in a while.
- Simeon was fairly well-behaved. Which was an enormous blessing to me. Hooray.
- The kids ate sonic for dinner. So sue me.
- I did not eat sonic for dinner. I had peanut butter and pretzels. I imagine our diet will suffer significantly over the next few weeks. Mostly because I am lazy.
- I sang “There ain’t no sunshine when he’s gone” approximately 276 times in a row. Simeon kindly asked me not to sing it again.
- After we put Baby D. to bed, Simeon and I watched the most beautiful short film: The Butterfly Circus Find a way to watch this. You’ll be better for it. It’s mesmerizing and inspiring.
- I started reading One Thousand Gifts Already I love it. My goal is to finish it before you get home.
- Now I’m off to watch the Bachelorette. Because you’re not home. Except if you were home, I’d be making you watch it with me, so really I’m just watching it because I want to.