Welcome to Friday Fragments. You can read more, or frag for yourself over at Half past kissin’.
This Friday I’m choosing to look at the glass half full. I’m taking a walk on the sunny side and choosing be thankful. Won’t you join me?
– I got my hur did and I love it. I’m one of the lucky few who only have to have haircuts once or twice a year. My hair grows quickly, but I take care of it and it can be worn curly or straight at any length. I got a 50% off coupon, so I finally made an appointment with my favorite stylist and escaped for 45 minutes of bliss. The results: shiny, smooth, sexy tresses I’ve been tossing around like a shampoo commercial.
– After a stressful day with Simeon, it makes my heart full to bursting to have him reach for me, to choose me, to hug me.
– Leo told me that he read in a book that after a worldwide survey, is has been decided that the lamest joke in the world is one I tell often and that news made me unbelievably happy! “Hey, what’s that under there?” “Under where?” “Ha ha, I just made you say underwear” Wanh-wanh-waaannhhh! Oh, like you’re so mature!
– My three year old has yet to sleep past 7am (regardless of what hour he goes to bed). As we approach time change, I get to watch the sun rise through the fall leaves EVERY morning! *that was excited EVERY morning, not sarcastic. Really, I mean it.
– Learning to live on such a tight budget, I’m learning to be more creative in the kitchen and I’ve actually found myself enjoying the preparation of a meal as much as eating it.
– As I’m writing, Simeon is sitting next to me eating his yogurt. I know it’s impossible, but he just looked straight at me and said what sounded like a very cheerful f-you. Seriously. It’s only because he doesn’t say anything so clear, that I’m certain he was trying to say something else. Really, nothing warms a mother’s heart more than her three year old starting the day with a very direct expletive. Ok, this one wasn’t exactly optimistic, but it is pretty funny. Except not funny because I don’t want him to say it again. It’s like secret funny.
– The happiest part of today: It’s Friday! Leo will be home with us for the weekend, and we are committed to nothing, but family time! Our little unit has two whole days to enjoy our own little happy haven!
I wish every one of you a wonderful, restful, joyful weekend! Love y’all!