It’s Friday Fragments over at Half past kissin’ again…
– I don’t use my height as an excuse often, but it is REALLY hard to clean the tub when you can’t reach across it without getting in! Blech..
– And on the subject of tubs… I bathe in mine at least 3 nights a week in the winter and when I clean it, I can’t see any dirt. Simeon has been with us for almost 2 months and every single time he bathes there is a grimy gray ring around the tub… even if he doesn’t look dirty prior to getting in. Boys are wonderful, mysterious, filthy creatures!
– Speaking of mysterious, Simeon’s room has taken on a mysterious odor. I vacuum regularly and change his sheets almost once a week (I bathe him almost every day, how is it possible everything gets so dirty??!!!), but every time I walk in his room there is a very strange, musty smell. I even looked under the bed for old food, or socks – nothing. I think I’ll call it eau d’boy. It’s so gross, I love it, I can’t get enough, is that weird?
– My house never looks as dirty as it does when it’s 2 hours out from my mother’s arrival.
-Simeon likes to take snacks with him when he goes to the potty. He puts them on the floor in front of him. It is so icky, but I can’t break him of the habit!
– When he sees something that grosses him out (our standards are so different!) He says “eeww, nutty mommy! eeww, nutty!!!” I find that hysterical. I think I need to get out more.
– Simeon shows me every single booger he pulls out of his nose. Why?
Two things not gross:
– We started putting a gate in front of Simeon’s room at night because he was getting up and wandering the house in the wee hours of the morning. Thursday morning Leo and I lay in bed, in the dark, listening to Simeon almost silently struggle to push the gate, pull it down, lift the latch and climb over. Finally we heard a very dry, very unamused “Help”- we waited – then a more dry, more annoyed “Help. Please.” I don’t know why, but we found that absolutely hysterical, perhaps it was the hour!
– I got my first basket from a produce co-op yesterday. We got green beans, dark lettuce, broccoli, tomatoes, bananas, apples, red pears, oranges, potatoes and corn. So fresh, so yummy, so well priced. My fruit basket runneth over, mmmmmmm!